21 Oct 2019: FP appointed to Belgium Resistance Museum upgrade
Brussels-based Faidherbe & Pinto Architects have been awarded the design tender for the renovation of the National Resistance Museum in Anderlecht, Belgium. Currently closed until renovations are complete, the museum contains artifacts related to the country's occupation by the Nazis. The museum building is itself important to the resistance, having been the location for resistance workers who published a satirical magazine parodying Nazi propaganda.
Faidherbe & Pinto aim to enhance the two main museum buildings, while removing the existing annexes in order to an open atrium space. The buildings will be connected via this space on the ground floor, and by a set of bridges on the higher levels.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 05.10.2018 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 29th Oct 2019: Feilden + Mawson appointed to King's Lynn housing development
- 22nd Oct 2019: Four firms appointed to Aston University framework
- 14 Oct 2019: Ector Hoogstad appointed to Amsterdam University development
- 9 Oct 2019: Sisk appointed to regeneration scheme designed by Hawkins\Brown
- 3 Oct 2019: Urban-Agency to design white water course in Dublin
- 30 Sept 2019: David Chipperfield to create master plan for €430m museum upgrade
- 27 Sept 2019: Award for €65m Estonian National Library renovation
- Award for new visitor centre & museum entrance
- Mecanoo win 10,000 sqft school upgrade