21 Oct 2019: FP appointed to Belgium Resistance Museum upgrade
Brussels-based Faidherbe & Pinto Architects have been awarded the design tender for the renovation of the National Resistance Museum in Anderlecht, Belgium. Currently closed until renovations are complete, the museum contains artifacts related to the country's occupation by the Nazis. The museum building is itself important to the resistance, having been the location for resistance workers who published a satirical magazine parodying Nazi propaganda.
Faidherbe & Pinto aim to enhance the two main museum buildings, while removing the existing annexes in order to an open atrium space. The buildings will be connected via this space on the ground floor, and by a set of bridges on the higher levels.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 05.10.2018 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali
- 11th Mar 2020: Farrells to carry out Wakefield city centre masterplan
- 10th Mar 2020: Heath Park contest longlist announced
- 1st Mar 2020: ARM Architecture to deliver AU$128m arts centre redevelopment
- 17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London
- 28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC