8th Jan 2020: winner announced for British ambassador residence in Beijing
Eric Parry Architects have won the competition to design a new Ambassador’s Residence for the British Embassy in Beijing on behalf of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Organised by RIBA, the contest sought a team capable of creating a modern residence acting as a suitable platform for the Ambassador to project Britain’s global influence.
Tony Whitehead, FCO Director of Estates said: ‘To reflect the scale of our ambition in China, we are looking to provide a state-of-the-art building that will better reflect the image that Britain wants to project and help facilitate our presence in China for many years. We believe Eric and his team have the expertise and experience to help us fulfil that vision’.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 11.07.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 27th Jan 2020: design team completed for US$8.5bn airport expansion
- 20th Jan 2020: Network Homes appoint 11 architects to new framework
- 17th Jan 2020: Rogers, Lovelock & Fritz win US$100m contract
- 17th Jan 2020: contract awarded for Aston University Business School
- 16th Jan 2020: firm appointed for Blackpool Airport studies & design work
- 16th Jan 2020: David Kohn wins contest for Smithfield Markets
- 4th Dec 2019: Tetra Tech awarded US$45m federal contract
- 3rd Dec 2019: Team appointed to masterplan Russia's oldest city
- 29th Oct 2019: Feilden + Mawson appointed to King's Lynn housing development