8th Jan 2020: winner announced for British ambassador residence in Beijing
Eric Parry Architects have won the competition to design a new Ambassador’s Residence for the British Embassy in Beijing on behalf of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Organised by RIBA, the contest sought a team capable of creating a modern residence acting as a suitable platform for the Ambassador to project Britain’s global influence.
Tony Whitehead, FCO Director of Estates said: ‘To reflect the scale of our ambition in China, we are looking to provide a state-of-the-art building that will better reflect the image that Britain wants to project and help facilitate our presence in China for many years. We believe Eric and his team have the expertise and experience to help us fulfil that vision’.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 11.07.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali
- 11th Mar 2020: Farrells to carry out Wakefield city centre masterplan
- 10th Mar 2020: Heath Park contest longlist announced
- 1st Mar 2020: ARM Architecture to deliver AU$128m arts centre redevelopment
- 17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London
- 28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC