28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC
Henning Larsen and RATIO have won the commission to design a new civic tower in Raleigh, NC. The city authorities are transforming their city campus as part of a strategic plan, with the first phase seeing the completion of the East Civic Tower. The new building is intended to be a culturally inclusive space containing high quality public services and an efficient, healthy workplace for city employees.
Henning Larsen has extensive experience designing city halls, with noteable projects including the first building completed during the relocation of Kiruna, a Swedish town moved due to instability caused by mining. With an office in Raleigh, RATIO will bring local knowledge to the tower scheme. The firm's civic projects include Indianopolis Central Library and a new town hall in Normal, IL.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 21.03.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali
- 11th Mar 2020: Farrells to carry out Wakefield city centre masterplan
- 10th Mar 2020: Heath Park contest longlist announced
- 1st Mar 2020: ARM Architecture to deliver AU$128m arts centre redevelopment
- 17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London