28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC
Henning Larsen and RATIO have won the commission to design a new civic tower in Raleigh, NC. The city authorities are transforming their city campus as part of a strategic plan, with the first phase seeing the completion of the East Civic Tower. The new building is intended to be a culturally inclusive space containing high quality public services and an efficient, healthy workplace for city employees.
Henning Larsen has extensive experience designing city halls, with noteable projects including the first building completed during the relocation of Kiruna, a Swedish town moved due to instability caused by mining. With an office in Raleigh, RATIO will bring local knowledge to the tower scheme. The firm's civic projects include Indianopolis Central Library and a new town hall in Normal, IL.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 21.03.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London
- 27th Jan 2020: design team completed for US$8.5bn airport expansion
- 20th Jan 2020: Network Homes appoint 11 architects to new framework
- 17th Jan 2020: Rogers, Lovelock & Fritz win US$100m contract
- 17th Jan 2020: contract awarded for Aston University Business School
- 16th Jan 2020: firm appointed for Blackpool Airport studies & design work
- 16th Jan 2020: David Kohn wins contest for Smithfield Markets