28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC
Henning Larsen and RATIO have won the commission to design a new civic tower in Raleigh, NC. The city authorities are transforming their city campus as part of a strategic plan, with the first phase seeing the completion of the East Civic Tower. The new building is intended to be a culturally inclusive space containing high quality public services and an efficient, healthy workplace for city employees.
Henning Larsen has extensive experience designing city halls, with noteable projects including the first building completed during the relocation of Kiruna, a Swedish town moved due to instability caused by mining. With an office in Raleigh, RATIO will bring local knowledge to the tower scheme. The firm's civic projects include Indianopolis Central Library and a new town hall in Normal, IL.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 21.03.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 6th Aug 2020: shortlist announced for Finsbury Circus gardens
- 1st Aug 2020: Allies and Morrison to develop masterplan for Skipton
- 20th Jul 2020: US Navy awards $99m contract to Jacobs and B&M
- 15th Jul 2020: Austin-Smith:Lord appointed to Glasgow regeneration frameworks
- 10th Jul 2020: MICA appointed to Ashford town centre redevelopment
- 1st July 2020: Purcell wins contest to restore Assize Court to house Wiltshire Museum
- 23rd Jun 2020: architecture collective Nine win Tottenham Pavilion Contest
- 18th Jun 2020: shortlist announced for Bristol student housing scheme
- 3rd Jun 2020: finalists revealed in Moscow metro station design contest
- 1st Jun 2020: Southwark Council name firms on architectural services framework