17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
Ellis Williams have been appointed to begin work on a £33m regeneration scheme set to transform one of Liverpool's historic canalside areas. Called #Destination Bootle, the project is overseen by SAFE regeneration, a community social enterprise and arts organisation.
#Destination Bootle will provide community-led housing, work units, leisure facilities, a canalside eatery, guest accommodation, boat moorings and water-based heritage tours of the canal. So far, £700,000 worth of funding support has been raised, with the support of Sefton Council to take the project through to full planning.
Ellis Williams was appointed via the Construction Impact Framework, which acted as the agent for SAFE. The winning team also include Structural Engineers Clancy Consulting, M&E Engineers SI Sealy Associates and BCA Landscape Architects.
Brian Dawe, chief executive of SAFE, stated: “Everything we have achieved we have done working in partnership. We believe that everyone deserves to live in a happy, healthy neighbourhood. We are excited to be part of a passionate community that is helping us to shape and create a neighbourhood for the future.”
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 21.12.2017 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali
- 11th Mar 2020: Farrells to carry out Wakefield city centre masterplan
- 10th Mar 2020: Heath Park contest longlist announced
- 1st Mar 2020: ARM Architecture to deliver AU$128m arts centre redevelopment
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London
- 28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC