1st Mar 2020: ARM Architecture to deliver AU$128m arts centre redevelopment
ARM Architecture has been appointed to deliver the third stage of the scheme to redevelop Geelong performing arts centre in Victoria, Australia. Funded by AU$128m from the Victorian state government, the final phase will include a 500-seat theatre, a courtyard theatre, an outdoor community space and facilities for serving food and drink. The box office, backstage, and administration areas will be upgraded, with improvements to the surrounding streetscape.
The second stage cost AU$38.5m and was completed in November 2019. Designed by Hassell, it comprised of a new entrance, rehearsal studios, bar and co-working space. This followed on from the first phase to refurbish the Playhouse Theatre, which was undertaken by Studio 101 Architects.
Project completion is expected in 2023.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 03.05.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali
- 11th Mar 2020: Farrells to carry out Wakefield city centre masterplan
- 10th Mar 2020: Heath Park contest longlist announced
- 17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London
- 28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC