11th Mar 2020: Farrells to carry out Wakefield city centre masterplan
Following the completion of successful masterplans for UK towns Sutton and Bolton, Farrells have won the contract for a vision and masterplan for Wakefield city centre. The plan will contribute to the city council's wider regeneration ambitions, while addressing the decline of retail and business sectors.
Katerina Karaga, associate at Farrells, commented: “The Wakefield city centre masterplan is an excellent opportunity to revitalise the heart of Wakefield and the retail core of the city. Essential to this is creating a dynamic and flexible masterplan able to stand the test of time and adapt to market needs.”
In developing the masterplan, Farrells will be supported by a team of consultants including Aspinall Verdi, FutureCity, PJA and UK Networks.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 03.09.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali
- 10th Mar 2020: Heath Park contest longlist announced
- 1st Mar 2020: ARM Architecture to deliver AU$128m arts centre redevelopment
- 17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London
- 28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC