18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali
Five teams have been shortlisted and invited to participate in the design competition and tender phase for a 600 ha sustainable development in Kigali, Republic of Rwanda. Organised by RIBA, the contest is spearheaded by Rwanda’s greenfund, with the financial support of the German Development Cooperation through KfW Development Bank.
The shortlisted teams are as follows:
Allies and Morrison LLP
Dar Al-Handasah Consultants (Shair and Partners)
Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
Ove Arup & Partners International
Surbana Jurong Consultants Pte. Ltd
Green City Kigali seeks to address the main challenges faced by the housing market in Kigali: housing affordability, supply, urban sprawl as a consequence of hilly terrain, patterns of low density development, and population increase.
The participants will now develop their proposals for the Kinyinya Hill area, together with a detailed masterplan and associated construction stage information for the pilot development.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 18.12.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 11th Mar 2020: Farrells to carry out Wakefield city centre masterplan
- 10th Mar 2020: Heath Park contest longlist announced
- 1st Mar 2020: ARM Architecture to deliver AU$128m arts centre redevelopment
- 17th Feb 2020: Ellis Williams to design UK's largest community-led development
- 12th Feb 2020: Tonkin Liu to redesign Grosvenor Square, London
- 3rd Feb 2020: winners announced for new £50m venue at Somerset House, London
- 28th Jan 2020: firms commissioned for civic tower in Raleigh, NC