10th Jul 2020: MICA appointed to Ashford town centre redevelopment
Ashford Borough Council has appointed specialist developer, Milligan, to help deliver the Vicarage Lane town centre redevelopment project. The new team also includes MICA (architect) and AECOM (project manager).
The scheme aims to deliver quality homes, cultural and performance space, food and drink outlets and workspace to complement the market town’s history and heritage. The council’s proposals include the part demolition of the rear of a former bingo hall to reveal an uninterrupted view to the iconic Grade I listed St Mary’s Church, while retaining the high street frontage of the building to create a multi-use indoor event space.
Cllr Paul Clokie, Ashford Borough Council’s portfolio holder for corporate property, stated: “We believe this scheme will help rejuvenate Ashford, enhance our cultural offer, create significant employment opportunities and help attract inward investment for the benefit of local communities. High Streets were facing challenging times even before the Coronavirus pandemic sent our town centres into lockdown. As we emerge from lockdown, there is an even more compelling need for our High Streets to reinvent themselves and what they offer. The council is committed to revitalising Ashford’s town centre and I’m confident that this specialist team will help us take this exciting scheme forward.”
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 02.09.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 15th Jul 2020: Austin-Smith:Lord appointed to Glasgow regeneration frameworks
- 1st July 2020: Purcell wins contest to restore Assize Court to house Wiltshire Museum
- 23rd Jun 2020: architecture collective Nine win Tottenham Pavilion Contest
- 18th Jun 2020: shortlist announced for Bristol student housing scheme
- 3rd Jun 2020: finalists revealed in Moscow metro station design contest
- 1st Jun 2020: Southwark Council name firms on architectural services framework
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali