15th Jul 2020: Austin-Smith:Lord appointed to Glasgow regeneration frameworks
Glasgow City Council have appointed a multi-disciplinary team of local and international consultants to prepare pioneering planning frameworks for the future of four City Centre Districts. The team - led by Glasgow-based Austin-Smith:Lord - will prepare the next round of District Regeneration Frameworks (DRFs) for Cowcaddens, Townhead, the ‘Learning Quarter’ and the Merchant City districts. This follows on from work by the same consultants for the (Y)our City Centre DRFs covering Broomielaw, St. Enoch, Central and Blythswood.
The regeneration frameworks will establish a planning strategy to respond to opportunities and challenges these Districts face to enhance the quality of life, health and wellbeing of the local community, while also addressing general problems facing contemporary society including economic inequalities, climate change and renewal and recovery post-Covid-19.
Graham Ross, architect and urban planner at Austin-Smith:Lord, said: “Developing distinctive solutions drawing upon the creativity and wisdom of local people, in combination with international best practice, will ensure our city can thrive in the future. We will explore ways in which Glasgow can recover from the impact of Covid-19. We hope to develop imaginative and practical ways to adapt to economic and climate change that deliver enduring and positive regeneration."
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 15.10.2019 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 10th Jul 2020: MICA appointed to Ashford town centre redevelopment
- 1st July 2020: Purcell wins contest to restore Assize Court to house Wiltshire Museum
- 23rd Jun 2020: architecture collective Nine win Tottenham Pavilion Contest
- 18th Jun 2020: shortlist announced for Bristol student housing scheme
- 3rd Jun 2020: finalists revealed in Moscow metro station design contest
- 1st Jun 2020: Southwark Council name firms on architectural services framework
- 7th Apr 2020: SEW appointed to evolve Watford Business Park
- 30th Mar 2020: US$8m army contract awarded to Mason & Hanger-Pond JV
- 18th Mar 2020: shortlist selected for Green City Kigali