16th Nov 2020: Shortlist revealed for Nine Elms railway arch contest
The London Festival of Architecture and Wandsworth Council have revealed the shortlisted practices and teams in their Arch 42 Gateways design competition. Over 90 entries were received from architects, landscape architects, designers and artists hoping for the opportunity to transform a historic railway arch and a key public route leading to new London Underground stations at Nine Elms and Battersea Power Station.
The six shortlisted teams are:
The shortlisted teams will be awarded a £500 honorarium to develop their proposals, which will feature in an online public exhibition in early December. The winning design will be installed ahead of the scheduled opening of the Northern Line Extension in 2021.
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 23.09.2020 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 23rd Dec 2020: shortlist selected in contest to upgrade Château Lafite Rothschild wine cellars
- 17th Dec 2020: AOC appointed to design facility for largest rail vehicle display in UK
- 1st Dec 2020: shortlist revealed in contest to re-imagine Britain’s railway stations
- 20th Nov 2020: joint venture awarded HK$12bn Hong Kong Airport expansion contract
- 10th Nov 2020: work underway for civic plaza in Liverpool, NSW
- 6th Nov 2020: results announced for Hamilton Mausoleum ideas competition
- 5th Oct 2020: finalists announced for Silicon valley landmark
- 28th Sept 2020: team announced for US naval design contract
- 16th Sept 2020: Tata group wins bid for Indian Parliament rebuild