1st Dec 2020: shortlist revealed in contest to re-imagine Britain’s railway stations
Network Rail and RIBA Competitions have revealed the names of the five design practices selected to compete in the next phase of their competition to shape the future of Britain’s railway stations.
Entrants to the competition were asked to re-imagine small to medium sized stations, which make up 80% of all those on Britain’s railway. More than 200 submissions were received, from designers based in 34 different countries. The five entrants below will go through to the next stage of the contest:
ATKINS, London with PRD Ltd.
Miguel Angel Carrasco Arquitetura, Rio de Janeiro
Pascall+Watson Ltd., London
7N Architects, Edinburgh
WORKSHOP Architecture, Toronto
The selected practices will now develop their proposals for final judging in February 2021. At the end of that process, up to three will be chosen to be taken forward for development.
Rail Minister Chris Heaton-Harris stated: “It’s fantastic to see from the sheer amount of entries to this competition – and from more than 30 countries – that this challenge has really captured the imagination of designers from right across the globe.”COMPETITION WEBSITE
This tender was first published by TenderStream on 15.07.2020 and can be viewed in our archive here
- WINNING NEWS
- 25th Feb 2021: shortlist revealed for LGBTQ2+ monument in Ottawa
- 18th Feb 2021: Finalists announced for Highgate Cemetery transformation
- 11th Feb 2021: shortlist announced for National Gallery Victoria installation contest
- 8th Feb 2021: shortlist revealed for Thamesmead Waterfront masterplan
- 5th Feb 2021: shortlist announced for Hospital of the Future contest in Leeds
- 3rd Feb 2021: teams compete for 86 ac development in St Petersburg, FL
- 1st Feb 2021: planning granted for new Southwark homes
- 23rd Dec 2020: shortlist selected in contest to upgrade Château Lafite Rothschild wine cellars
- 17th Dec 2020: AOC appointed to design facility for largest rail vehicle display in UK