20th Nov 2020: joint venture awarded HK$12bn Hong Kong Airport expansion contract
The Airport Authority of Hong Kong have awarded the Balfour Beatty 50:50 joint venture, Gammon, a four-year HK$12.88 billion (c. £1.27 billion) contract for the expansion of Terminal 2 at Hong Kong International Airport.
Gammon will be responsible for the expansion of the main Terminal 2 building and construction of interconnecting bridges, mechanical and electrical works as well as associated viaducts and roads. The work forms part of the Three-runway System project, which on completion will allow for both arrivals and departures from one terminal and increase overall passenger capacity.
Leo Quinn, Balfour Beatty Group Chief Executive, said: “This award marks Gammon’s second significant contract for the Airport Authority Hong Kong this year and the largest single contract ever awarded to Gammon.”
In the first half of 2020, Gammon secured the HK$7.2 billion (c. £760 million) major tunnel contract at Hong Kong International Airport to deliver tunnels and associated works for an automatic people mover and baggage handling system on behalf of Airport Authority Hong Kong.
- WINNING NEWS
- 23rd Dec 2020: shortlist selected in contest to upgrade Château Lafite Rothschild wine cellars
- 17th Dec 2020: AOC appointed to design facility for largest rail vehicle display in UK
- 1st Dec 2020: shortlist revealed in contest to re-imagine Britain’s railway stations
- 16th Nov 2020: Shortlist revealed for Nine Elms railway arch contest
- 10th Nov 2020: work underway for civic plaza in Liverpool, NSW
- 6th Nov 2020: results announced for Hamilton Mausoleum ideas competition
- 5th Oct 2020: finalists announced for Silicon valley landmark
- 28th Sept 2020: team announced for US naval design contract
- 16th Sept 2020: Tata group wins bid for Indian Parliament rebuild